[Python-Dev] Mercurial?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Apr 7 00:05:05 CEST 2009

Nick Coghlan wrote:
> Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
>> I have a stab at an author map at http://dirkjan.ochtman.nl/author-map.
>> Could use some review, but it seems like a good start.
>
> Martin may be able to provide a better list of names based on the
> checkin name<->SSH public key mapping in the SVN setup.

I think the identification in the SSH keys is useless. It contains
strings like "loewis at mira" or "ncoghlan at uberwald", or even multiple
of them (barry at wooz, barry at resist, ...).

It seems that the PEP needs to spell out a policy as to what committer
information needs to look like; then we need to verify that the proposed
name mapping matches that policy.

> (e.g. I believe my SVN checkin name is nick.coghlan rather than the
> shorter ncoghlan in my email address, and many others are in a similar
> boat since first.last was the chosen scheme for names in the SVN switchover)

Correct. The objective was to not allow nick names, but have real names
as committer names. It appears that this policy does not directly
translate into Mercurial.

Regards,
Martin