[Python-Dev] FWD: Library Reference is incomplete

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Apr 6 15:06:18 CEST 2009

Hrm, looks like the whole 2.6 build is broken.

----- Forwarded message from "M?ller-Reineke, Matthias" <matthias.mueller-reineke at grundvers.de> -----

> Subject: Library Reference is incomplete
> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 11:25:54 +0200
> From: "M?ller-Reineke, Matthias" <matthias.mueller-reineke at grundvers.de>
> To: webmaster at python.org
>
> Dear Webmaster,
>
> "Library Reference" on http://www.python.org/doc/ takes me to http://docs.python.org/library/ .
> That side doesn't contain the index of contents.
>
> Matthias M?ller-Reineke

> Grundeigent?mer-Versicherung VVaG
> Gro?e B?ckerstra?e 7
> 20095 Hamburg
> Tel: 040 - 3 76 63 - 199
> Fax: 040 - 3 76 63 - 98 199
>
> http://www.grundvers.de
> <mailto:matthias.mueller-reineke at grundvers.de>
>
> Firmensitz: Hamburg HRB 13 103
> Vorstand: Heinz Walter Berens (Vors.), R?diger Buyten
> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Peter Landmann

----- End forwarded message -----

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz