[Python-Dev] Mercurial?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Apr 6 06:20:16 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009, Alexandre Vassalotti wrote:

> This makes me remember that we will have to decide how we will
> reorganize our workflow. For this, we can either be conservative and
> keep the current CVS-style development workflow?i.e., a few main
> repositories where all developers can commit to. Or we could drink the
> kool-aid and go with a kernel-style development workflow?i.e., each
> developer maintains his own branch and pull changes from each others.

How difficult would it be to change the decision later?  That is, how
about starting with a CVS-style system and maybe switch to kernel-style
once people get comfortable with Hg?

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz