[Python-Dev] Mercurial?

Daniel (ajax) Diniz ajaksu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 01:56:09 CEST 2009

"Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
>> I think it would be a good idea to host a temporary svn mirrors for
>> developers who accesses their VCS via an IDE. Although, I am sure
>> anymore if supporting these developers (if there are any) would worth
>> the trouble. So, think of this as optional.
>
> Any decision to have or not have such a feature should be stated in
> the PEP. I personally don't use IDEs, so I don't care (although
> I do notice that the apparent absence of IDE support for Mercurial
> indicates maturity of the technology)

I can spend some time on Mercurial integration for the main IDEs in
use by core devs, I'm sure the PIDA folks have most of this sorted
already. It would be important to have these (and any other non-PEP
worthy tasks/helpers) listed with some detail, e.g., in a wiki page.

If anyone has requests for tools that would make the transition
smoother (e.g. the script for /external, a wrapper for svnmerge
semantics on top of hg transplant, etc.) but has no time to work on
them, please add them to
http://wiki.python.org/moin/CoreDevHelperTools .

Daniel