[Python-Dev] Mercurial?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Apr 5 19:53:48 CEST 2009

> We should probably not include any branches that haven't been touched in
> the last 18 months. Then we also leave out branches that have been pruned.
>
> BTW, tags are also missing from the current conversions. We probably
> want to keep all release tags, but not the partial tags (e.g. the
> Distutils tags). Are there any other particularly useful tags we should
> keep?

First of all, if the conversion is incomplete, the PEP should make
explicit what information will be lost.

As for tags - I think providing just the release tags is fine.

> BTW, this would also be a good time to split out the stdlib if that's
> still desirable (which I seem to have gleaned from the PyCon videos).

Is it possible to branch from a subdirectory? For the "different VMs"
stuff, it's rather desirable to have a branch of the test suite, and
the perhaps the standard library, than extracting it from the source.

Regards,
Martin