[Python-Dev] Mercurial?

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Sat Apr 4 22:37:55 CEST 2009

On 04/04/2009 17:40, Aahz wrote:
> With Brett's (hopefully temporary!) absence, who is spearheading the
> Mercurial conversion?  Whoever it is should probably take over PEP 374
> and start updating it with the conversion plan, particularly WRT
> expectations for dates relative to 3.1 final and 2.7 final.

I'd like to take that on. I know hardly anyone here knows me, but I'm
one of the Mercurial developers. I've been in contact with Brett, saying
that I'd gladly as much help as I could, and I figured I'd put a lot of
time in providing the best possible migration path.

While I haven't posted here much, I've been lurking for about two years
now, so I know a little about what's going on. Maybe I could pair up
with someone here who wants to work on it, if that makes people more
confident?

Anyway, I'm also on the tracker-discuss list, since Brett told me that's
where infra stuff mostly takes place.

Cheers,

Dirkjan