[Python-Dev] Let's update CObject API so it is safe and regular!

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Thu Apr 2 21:26:13 CEST 2009

Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
> If we're adding type information, then please make it a Python object
> rather than a C string.  That way the creator and the consumer can use
> a richer API to query the "type", such as by calling its methods or by
> inspecting it in some other way.

I'm not writing my patch that way; it would be too cumbersome for what
is ostensibly an easy, light-weight API.  If you're going that route you
might as well create a real PyTypeObject for the blob you're passing in.

But please feel free to contribute your own competing patch; you may
start with my patch if you like.

YAGNI,

/larry/