[Python-Dev] bsddb tests disabled by default

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Sep 20 14:55:37 CEST 2008

> real    0m13.786s

test_bsddb3 takes about 30s real time on my system (Linux, with
Berkeley DB 4.6.21).

I don't think the default (of requiring the bsddb resource) can
change for 2.6; we already have released rc2, so there won't be
any further release candidates.

For 2.7, I would still be hesitant to run this test by default - 30s
is too long, IMO. It is unlikely that regular changes to Python break
any of these tests, and if they do, the buildbots will tell. Anybody
changing the bsddb library itself will know to run the full test suite.

Regards,
Martin