[Python-Dev] Python documentation

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Fri Sep 19 14:47:27 CEST 2008

On Sep 19, 2008, at 7:20 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Martin points out that in the past, as part of the release process,
> we've built separate downloadable documentation.
>
> Do we still want to do that for Python 2.6 and 3.0, ...?

Yes, I think so.  The downloads are very useful for people who
regularly work disconnected from the public internet, or who are
constrained by very small pipes.  The PDF downlaods are also pretty
important for the smaller documents, especially the tutorial.  Many
people want to walk away from the computer to read through that the
first time.

> If you think we should release separate downloadable documentation
> and can help integrate that into the release project, you just might
> be a Documentation Expert <wink>.  Please let me know if you can help.

I think we should, but I'm hoping Georg has some ideas on how best to
get the processes integrated.  :-)

   -Fred

--
Fred Drake   <fdrake at acm.org>