[Python-Dev] bsddb tests disabled by default

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Thu Sep 18 16:33:10 CEST 2008

On Sep 18, 2008, at 10:24 AM, Jesus Cea wrote:
> Current testsuite is far more fast and stable that the old one (entire
> test: 17 seconds in my machine). I was wondering if it is time to
> enable
> bsddb3 testsuite by default.

Perhaps so.  That certainly improves the chances of finding problems
early.

> BTW: How is a "resource" enabled by an user, without touching
> sourcecode?.

regrtest.py takes a "-u" (for "use") option; take a look at how the
value passed to that gets interpreted.  (Could use better
documentation, if no one's improved it since I added the option
umpteen gazillion years ago.)

   -Fred

--
Fred Drake   <fdrake at acm.org>