[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] Python Regression Test Failures basics (1)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 11:07:48 CEST 2008

Neal Norwitz wrote:
> test_epoll skipped -- kernel doesn't support epoll()
> test_ioctl skipped -- Unable to open /dev/tty
> test_multiprocessing skipped -- OSError raises on RLock creation, see
issue 3111!
> test test_normalization failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/tmp/python-test/local/lib/python2.6/test/test_normalization.py", line 90, in test_main
>     self.failUnless(X == NFC(X) == NFD(X) == NFKC(X) == NFKD(X), c)
> AssertionError: 6918
> 326 tests OK.
> 1 test failed:
>     test_normalization
> 3 skips unexpected on linux2:
>    test_epoll test_multiprocessing test_ioctl

Neal,

What environment are you using to run the debug-mode regression tests?
The above four tests run without any problems for me, but I'm just
running them in a normal Kubuntu desktop shell.

Cheers,
Nick.

P.S. I'm in the process of creating a --with-pydebug build to see if
that makes any difference.