[Python-Dev] ?spurious? Timeout in BSDDB under MS Windows

Trent Nelson python-dev-list at trentnelson.com
Mon Sep 8 12:24:03 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 05:55:13PM +0200, Jesus Cea wrote:
> Trent, are you available to look at the ?spurious? timeout failures in
> bsddb replication code in the Windows buildbot?.
>
> Ten seconds timeout should be plenty enough. I can't debug any MS
> Windows issue myself; this is a Microsoft-free environment.

    I think I added in 10 seconds 'cause the tests kept failing when it
    was at 2 seconds ;-)

    I remember digging around the code a bit when I bumped bsddb to 4.7
    on Windows to try and figure out what was going on.  As far as I
    could tell it wasn't anything obvious caused by the Python code; is
    it possible this could be an issue with the underlying bsddb code?

    Side note: are all your recent bsddb changes that went into trunk
    also available in py3k?  I've had "bump py3k Windows buildbots to
    use bsddb 4.7.25" on my todo list for far too long!

        Trent.