[Python-Dev] Bug in SimpleHTTPRequestHandler.send_head?

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Fri Sep 5 15:33:44 CEST 2008

At 1:19 PM +0100 9/5/08, Michael Foord wrote:
>Hello Kim,
>
>Thanks for your post. The source code control used for Python is Subversion.
>
>Patches submitted to this list will unfortunately get lost. Please post
>the bug report along with your comments and patch to the Python bug tracker:
>
>http://bugs.python.org/

Patches are usually done with patch, using the output of diff -u.
bugs.python.org links to the Python wiki with Help : Tracker Documentation,
and searching the wiki can turn up some info on bug submission, but I don't
see any step-by-step instructions for newbies.

If you're not yet confident that this is really a bug or don't want to
wrestle with the bug tracker just now, you might get more disscussion on
the newsgroup comp.lang.python.  Probably the subject should not say "bug",
or you might only get suggestions to submit a bug, but rather something
like "Should SimpleHTTPRequestHandler.send_head() change text line
endings?", or whatever you think might provoke discussion.

FWIW, Python 2.6 and 3.0 are near release, so any accepted patch would at
the earliest go into the next after version of Python: 2.7 or 3.1.  Patches
often laguish and need a champion to push them through.  Helping review
other patches or bugs is one way to contribute.