[Python-Dev] HTTPS read-only SVN access is denied?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Sep 3 18:08:07 CEST 2008

techtonik <techtonik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> SVN checkout over HTTPS protocol requires password. Is it intentional
> or just temporary server issue? I am behind a proxy that doesn't
> support PROPFIND requests and I can't test SVN+SSH, because 22 port is
> closed.

As a workaround, if you only need read-only access, you can use the Mercurial
mirrors which should work through your proxy (AFAIK Mercurial only uses GET and
POST).

Type "hg clone http://code.python.org/hg/trunk/" or "hg clone
http://code.python.org/hg/branches/py3k" depending on what you need exactly.

Regards