[Python-Dev] Add python.exe to PATH environment variable

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 09:57:12 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 7:39 AM, Curt Hagenlocher <curt at hagenlocher.org>wrote:

> One other reason not to mess with the PATH -- at least by default --
> is that the user may have multiple copies of Python installed.  I know
> I have at least one machine with 2.4.5, 2.5.2, 2.6b2 and 3.0b2
> installed -- and I don't want *any* of them in my path.

Why ? you have them under Linux, through different names (python2.4,
python2.5, etc)
maybe this should be the same under Windows, e.g. having a common directory
where
all Python installations add a binary with a specific name, and same thing
for binaries in Scripts,
(easy_install-2.4, easy_install-2.5)

a /usr/local/bin for Windows in a way... system32 ?

Tarek

Tarek Ziadé | Association AfPy | www.afpy.org
Blog FR | http://programmation-python.org
Blog EN | http://tarekziade.wordpress.com/