[Python-Dev] [ANN] VPython 0.1

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Fri Oct 24 02:14:29 CEST 2008

On 23 Oct, 10:42 pm, greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz wrote:
>Guido van Rossum wrote:
>>there already is something else called VPython
>
>Perhaps it could be called Fython (Python with a Forth-like VM)
>or Thython (threaded-code Python).

I feel like I've missed something important, but, why not just call it
"Python"? ;-)

It's a substantial patch, but from what I understand it's a huge
performance improvement and completely compatible, both at the C API and
Python source levels.

Is there any reason this should be a separate project rather than just
be rolled in to the core?  Obviously once issues like the 'Cell' macro
are dealt with.