[Python-Dev] [ANN] VPython 0.1

David Ripton dripton at ripton.net
Thu Oct 23 15:19:25 CEST 2008

On 2008.10.23 12:02:12 +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> BTW: I hope you did not use pybench to get profiles of the opcodes.
> That would most certainly result in good results for pybench, but
> less good ones for general applications such as Django or Zope/Plone.

I was wondering about Pybench-specific optimization too, so last night I
ran a few dozen of my projecteuler.net solver programs with VPython.
Excluding the ones that are so fast that startup overhead dominates
runtime, the least speedup I saw versus vanilla 2.5.2 was ~10%, the best
was ~50%, and average was ~30%.  Pretty consistent with Pybench.

David Ripton    dripton at ripton.net