[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Backporting multiprocessing?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Oct 19 02:39:35 CEST 2008

    >> Maybe doing the modest amount of translation required of the 2.6 unit
    >> tests so they run under 0.52 would help.  See what fails and then see
    >> what fixes correspond to fixing those failing tests.

    Christian> Sounds like a good plan. Let's get started! Are you going to
    Christian> commit your work to the Google Code repository anytime soon?

Folks,

My apologies.  I have been essentially off-net for the past couple of days.
Reason one: we are in the midst of moving.  Reason two: our first grandchild
(Carmine Michael Montanaro) was born early Friday morning.  (yay!)  Between
visiting Carmine and moving/packing I haven't really been close to a
computer since Thursday mid-afternoon.  (I'm writing this reply off-net at
the moment.  Who knows when I'll get back within range of a wireless
signal.)

I will try to get close enough to the net for a small amount of time Sunday
and upload what I have to Google Code.  It ain't much, so if you're
impatient, you can pretty much replicate what I did:

    find . -name '*processing*' | egrep -v framework\|build\|PC | xargs tar --create --verbose --file=$HOME/tmp/multiprocessing.tar --exclude=.svn --exclude='*.pyc'

Skip