[Python-Dev] status of 2.5

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Oct 6 21:54:41 CEST 2008

Neal Norwitz wrote:
> Should we plan to put out a final 2.5 release?  If so, should we
> continue to backport fixes (like Martin's removal of Alpha in
> setup.py)?  My preference is that we do put out a final 2.5 that has
> all accumulated bug fixes.  Then close the branch.  That way if we put
> out a security release for 2.5, it will be clean and easy.

That is my plan also. I would like to release 2.5.2 two weeks after
Python 3.0, or on November 1st, whatever happens later (and it seems
that Python-3-plus-two-weeks happens later).

So one week after Python 3, there would be a release candidate, and
two weeks, the final release.

Simultaneously, I would also release 2.4.6.

If people think 2.5.2 should be released earlier than that, please
let me know.

Regards,
Martin