[Python-Dev] www.python.org/doc and docs.python.org hotfixed

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Thu Oct 2 13:28:18 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 12:44, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> Thomas Wouters <thomas <at> python.org> writes:
> >
> > If anyone feels particularly frustrated by the old URLs breaking, I
> wouldn't
> mind adding a redirection for each individual URL as long as I don't have
> build that mapping
>
> Well in general URLs aren't supposed to break (except the ones which are
> deliberately temporary). Could a RewriteRule do the trick?

Not a single one, no. The URLs *all* changed. There is not a single one
that's the same. We may be able to do a single rewrite rule for most of the
module-*.html URLs, but everything else -- and there is quite a lot of
'else' in the 2.5-and-earlier docs -- needs a better mapping. Feel free to
send me that mapping :-)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

spread!