[Python-Dev] Python for windows.

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Nov 27 07:48:40 CET 2008

> The only conflict I see here is the requirement to install into "\Program
> Files" and I'm surprised that hasn't been raised in this thread.

The question is whether the "OEM ready" is a property of the installer,
or a property of the installed. The OEM can chose to install Python into
program files, and while there is occasional breakage, we do want to
support this case - just not make it the default.

> However, should such a situation arise, my position would probably be that
> unless it was MS suggesting it be preloaded on *all* PCs, we should
> sacrifice that part of being "OEM Ready" to best look after the interests of
> people who seek it out for download.

So much agreement :-)

Regards,
Martin