[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] 2.6.1 and 3.0

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Nov 19 19:52:08 CET 2008

> Martin, maybe we can help you with the installers testing.

Thanks for the offer. See my other message, though - this is not the
point. If everything goes well, offloading testing just means that
I have to wait some time for the testers to come back, and do other
stuff meanwhile.

For the majority of alpha and beta releases, something went wrong
each time. A file was forgotten to be included in the installer
generator, causing it to be missing on the target system. I forgot
to perform a manual build step, causing the installer to fail, and
so on. Then I have to debug the problem, and restart the production
process from scratch. Offloading to testers in this case would just mean
that I wait much longer until I can release, and it might not be
possible to complete the build within a single day.

> I don't know if this will be quicker, but surely will lower your
> workload regarding this, which is a good thing.

Thanks again - but I do typically find the time to do the release
(if not, it gets delayed by another day).

Regards,
Martin