[Python-Dev] My patches

Alex Martelli aleaxit at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 03:10:45 CET 2008

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 5:42 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> A dvcs means that people can publish their branches in a wide variety of
> ways.  Trusted developers can push their branches to code.python.org.
>  Non-core developers can use one of the free public dvcs branch hosting
> service.  Industrious users can self-publish their branches.  Anyone with

BTW, if we go with hg, I recommend bitbucket.org as a "free public
(hg) hosting service" of choice -- Jesper (the owner and developer of
the site) is friendly and solicitous in his maintenance, the whole
site is quite OS-friendly in general (free "professional-level"
accounts and support for open-source projects which choose to host
there) and Python-friendly in particular (I gather the site's coded in
Python), and my experience there has been nothing short of excellent.
All it's missing is a simple code review tool like code.google.com's
or Rietveld, but Jesper's promised me he would integrate something to
that effect...

Alex