[Python-Dev] PEP 371 Discussion (pyProcessing Module)

Farshid Lashkari flashk at gmail.com
Fri May 30 19:21:24 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> py2exe is explicitly supported (via the freezeSupport() call). That may work
> for the embedded case as well, or it may be something that can be addressed
> by modifying sys.executable.

Thanks for the tip Nick. Adding the following line before using the
module works for me:

sys.executable = os.path.join(sys.exec_prefix,'pythonw.exe')

I'm not sure if there will be any side affects to modifying
sys.executable though. Should this be the official way of supporting
embedded interpreters or should there be a
multiprocessing.setExecutable() method?

-Farshid