[Python-Dev] Addition of "pyprocessing" module to standard lib.

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed May 14 10:45:05 CEST 2008

Jesse Noller wrote:
> I am looking for any questions, concerns or benchmarks python-dev has
> regarding the possible inclusion of the pyprocessing module to the
> standard library - preferably in the 2.6 timeline.

I think for inclusion in 2.6 it's to late. For 3.0, it's definitely
too late - the PEP acceptance deadline was a year ago (IIRC).

> As I am trying to finish up the PEP, I want to see if I can address
> any questions or include any other useful data (including benchmarks)
> in the PEP prior to publishing it. I am also intending to include
> basic benchmarks for both the processing module against the threading
> module as a comparison.

I'm worried whether it's stable, what user base it has, whether users
(other than the authors) are lobbying for inclusion. Statistically,
it seems to be not ready yet: it is not even a year old, and has not
reached version 1.0 yet.

Regards,
Martin