[Python-Dev] Buildbots have trouble checking out the repository due to recent changes.

Alexandre Vassalotti alexandre at peadrop.com
Mon May 12 15:47:17 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:24 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> > The idea was to replace the orignial module file with its stub.
>  > However, the "svn copy" and edit process isn't the cause of the
>  > problems. It is the fact that 2 files existed in the same directory
>  > differing only by a case-change.
>
>  I still don't understand. You wanted to replace the file with a stub,
>  and then delete it? Why not just delete it (or use svn mv in the first
>  place)?

No. That is exactly what I wanted to avoid by using "svn copy",
instead of "svn move". "svn move" mark the original file for removal.
which makes it impossible to modify the original file on the same
commit. Anyway, Brett updated the PEP with renaming procedure that
avoids this problem completely.

-- Alexandre