[Python-Dev] Buildbots have trouble checking out the repository due to recent changes.

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon May 12 00:43:18 CEST 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Alexandre Vassalotti
<alexandre at peadrop.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 6:31 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
>> The PEP specifies the lib-old directory to hold the old case name so
>> that the svn rename won't lead to two files in the same directory. I
>> was hoping that creating the stub in lib-old would allow a simple
>> ``svn rename`` for the original module on a case-sensitive file-system
>> and the case-insensitive file-systems would just be able to deal with
>> it. Is that just not going to work?
>>
>> Oh, and I am really sorry, Alexandre, but the PixMapWrapper rename
>> should have been taken out of the PEP as the entire Mac directory is
>> going away, so the rename is kind of pointless since the module is
>> going to be deleted.
>>

> Well, I guess I really messed up on that one.

Eh, how were you to know? It's something I sometimes forget on my Mac
since it is case-preserving but case-insensitive. Hopefully the
lib-old trick will solve the problem as PixMapWrapper was the only one
that is in any form of a package and that module is no longer an
issue.

> So, do you have any idea
> on how to revert the changes?

See if having you move Queue.py into lib-old fixes things. Otherwise
the patch will need to be reverted. I am on GTalk right now so you can
IM me as soon as you have tried if you want and I can see if it fixes
the problem on OS X.

-Brett