[Python-Dev] Warn about mktemp once again?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu May 8 03:47:44 CEST 2008

This has been a fairly interesting discussion about tempfile.mktemp, but can
we return to the original question?  Should we begin warning about its use
again?  Should we ever warn about it?  It appears that NamedTemporaryFile
gives you a reasonable (secure) replacement.  I'm happy to document
mktemp->NamedTemporaryFile with an example in tempfile.rst if that's what it
will take.  Before knowing about the delete=False parameter I proposed a
mkstempf() function, whose tracker issue I will close if that hasn't already
happened.

Skip