[Python-Dev] GSoC Student Introduction, again

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Thu May 8 02:38:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have been accepted as a student for GSoC and I'm already working in
my project, "Bringing Ttk to Tkinter". This is my second GSoC, first
time in PSF, and it has been awesome to have Fredrik Lundh as mentor,
we have talked a lot and he is a very nice person.

Regarding the project, I expect it to be integrated into Python's
stdlib sometime in the future, I believe it will be in very good shape
before binaries compiled against tcl/tk 8.5 start showing up.

I've put a site that contains all the information available, which may
be of interest, at http://gpolo.ath.cx:81/projects/ttk_to_tkinter/ and
will be updating it as necessary. There is also a repo you may take a
look: http://svn.python.org/view/sandbox/trunk/ttk-gsoc/

Thank you all,

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves