[Python-Dev] #1858, looking for a reviewer

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Wed May 7 09:44:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

 The register and upload commands have a --repository option that
 allows to use them with any server.  You can register and upload a
 package to any server that has the right set of web services. They
 also work with a configuration file called .pypirc

 Unfortunately there is no inline option to define the
 username/password. This has to be defined in .pypirc.

 But this file does not allow having different sets of
 username/password, so in reality it is not possible to play with
 multiple servers.

 #1858 provides a patch for this [0]

 I have submitted it in January, after some discussion in catalog-sig
 and  distutils-sig, that led to a proposal [1]

 I am looking for a final reviewer, to decide if the new .pypirc is
 considered suitable, and maybe have it integrated in the 2.6.

 This new format will be used in the Plone community to interact with
 plone.org and the cheeseshop [2], (with a third party package
 at this time, that implements the patch)

 Regards

 Tarek

 [0] http://bugs.python.org/issue1858
 [1] http://wiki.python.org/moin/EnhancedPyPI