[Python-Dev] Reminder: last alphas next Wednesday 07-May-2008

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Fri May 2 09:21:44 CEST 2008

-On [20080502 08:26], "Martin v. Löwis" (martin at v.loewis.de) wrote:
>It seems you don't want to identify whether the Windows installation is
>a Win64 one, but whether the Python installation is, right?

I think we can say with a reasonably certainty that if the Python
installation is 64-bits the OS is 64-bits too. So yes, if we can identify
the Python installation is 64-bits that would be helpful.

>For this, you should use platform.architecture()[0]

OK, thanks, that's useful, but please see my response to Mark about the why
and why platform.architecture()[0] helps, but not fully though.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
Tonight your soul sleeps, but one day you will feel real pain, maybe
then you will see me as I am: a fragile wreck on a storm of emotion...