[Python-Dev] Problems with the new super()

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu May 1 22:00:02 CEST 2008

At 04:38 PM 5/1/2008 -0300, Facundo Batista wrote:
>Has super() proved more useful than harmful?

For me, yes.  I use it all the time.  The only time I use
explicit-target upcalls is in __init__ methods, and there usually
only to skip a subclass' init or to explicitly manage a tricky bit of
multiple inheritance.

(Note, by the way, that you cannot safely write an upcall in a mixin
class without super, so it can't safely be done away with, anyway.)