[Python-Dev] How we can get rid of eggs for 2.6 and beyond

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Mar 21 15:38:27 CET 2008

Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> Questions, comments...  volunteers?   :)

This makes a lot of sense. I don't really have anything to add in terms
of implementation, but I wonder if we can learn something from how apt
or rpms or ports work, and how other programming languages (Ruby gems?)
solve this.

It's not an easy problem space since you're dealing with disparate and
inconsistent target platforms, but it's one that has been solved before
by others.

Cheers,
Martin