[Python-Dev] Improved thread switching

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Thu Mar 20 16:53:20 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 09:58:46AM -0400, Jesse Noller wrote:
> FYI: I shot an email to stdlib-sig about the fact I am proposing the
> inclusion of the pyProcessing module into the stdlib. Comments and
> thoughts regarding that would be welcome. I've got a rough outline of
> the PEP, but I need to spend more time with the code examples.

Since we officially encourage people to spawn processes instead of
threads, I think that this would be a great idea.  The processing module
has a similar API to threading.  It's easy to use, works well, and most
importantly, gives us some place to point people to when they complain
about the GIL.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/