[Python-Dev] PEP 365 (Adding the pkg_resources module)

Bob Kline bkline at rksystems.com
Thu Mar 20 14:56:02 CET 2008

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Point taken. Of course, it isn't really a "program" at that point:  it
> is an installed "add-on" to Python.  However, if Windows users expect
> such add-ons to show up in the "system" list, that is good to know.

Are things really that different in the non-Windows worlds?  If I want
python-nose, I run "sudo apt-get install python-nose" (and that means I
can always remove it with "sudo apt-get remove ...").  Seems more
similar than different (ignoring the silliness of Microsoft's insistence
on "the GUI is the OOWTDI" even for such administrative tasks as
installing system-wide software).

--
Bob Kline
http://www.rksystems.com