[Python-Dev] [Python-ideas] new super redux (better late than never?)

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Mar 5 16:58:22 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 3:56 AM, Facundo Batista
<facundobatista at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/3/5, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org>:
>
>  (Bringing this from python-ideas, Guido is talking about PEP 3135)
>

>  > Ehhh! The PEP's "reference implementation" is useless and probably
>  >  doesn't even work. The actual implementation is completely different.
>  >  If you want to help, a rewrite of the PEP to match reality would be
>  >  most welcome!
>
>  Guido, I know that in this fight-for-reality some of the PEPs for Py3
>  are not correct.
>
>  Which is the plan to handle this? Will the original authors fix them?
>  And if not, will these PEP be marked as "Caution: non compliant with
>  reality" or something?
>
>  PEPs are a great tool, one of the Python assets, and it's a pity that
>  we may not trust them...

PEP 3135 is the only one that is grossly wrong. It should be fixed. I
originally planned to do so myself (since I wrote the implementation)
but find I don't have the time. Volunteers welcome!

Regarding the OP's idea that started this thread, it's a waste of time.