[Python-Dev] Py3k and asyncore/asynchat

Giampaolo Rodola' gnewsg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 00:19:22 CET 2008

I've discussed a lot with Josiah via e-mail and I provided an updated
version of the patch proposed in bug #1736190 including a fix for the
two issues raised by me in the bug report.
The update has been needed also because the original patch has been
out-dated by some commits after r53734 involving the test suite
and the documentation, which I both took off this patch.
I also re-added simple_producer and fifo classes in asynchat.py since
it seems they are needed for passing tests.

The test suite has passed on Windows XP using Python 2.6 alpha 1.
I have also successfully run the test suite of a project of mine based
on asynchat which includes over 40 tests.