[Python-Dev] repeated keyword arguments

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Jun 28 11:23:28 CEST 2008

> i'd be in favor of fixing this in 2.5, just to eliminate possibly hard-
> to-debug runtime errors. since it's a syntax error, it would be early-
> noticed when the code is first run/imported, and it wouldn't require
> the original author of the code to fix.

As release manager for Python 2.5, I'd like to support Guido's position:
the risk of breaking existing code is just not worth it. Developers who
made such a mistake will find out when they port the code to 2.6; there
is no value whatsoever in end-users finding out minor bugs in software
they didn't even know was written in Python.

Regards,
Martin