[Python-Dev] Community buildbots and Python release quality metrics

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Jun 26 20:45:06 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Ralf Schmitt <schmir at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Ralf Schmitt <schmir at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> this patch even make things worse for me. now py.test also dies.
>>
>> Please add details to the tracker.

> Well, I think most probably the patch is correct and it just catches
> another class which defines __eq__ but does not define __hash__. So
> nothing to add there.

So you're saying py.test needs to be fixed? Fine with me, but then I
don't understand why you bothered bringing it up here instead of
fixing it (or reporting to the py.test maintainers, I don't know if
you're one or not).

> The question is if this behaviour should be kept or not. I guess
> there's no bug tracking that...

The best place is that very same issue. If this feature is really too
annoying something needs to be done. Detailed reports about real code
that gets broken without a good cause help making that case.