[Python-Dev] Community buildbots and Python release quality metrics

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Thu Jun 26 18:54:49 CEST 2008

On 04:42 pm, schmir at gmail.com wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org>
>wrote:
>>an explanation about *why* Django cannot even be imported than a
>>blanket complaint that this is a disgrace. So why is it?

>and already discussed:
>http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2008-April/078421.html

Following that trail of breadcrumbs, I ended up here:

    http://bugs.python.org/issue2235

with a message from some guy named "Barry Warsaw" (anyone know him?)
that says:

  """
  Guido, can you comment on Amaury's latest patch?  I'm going to bump
this
  back to critical so as not to hold up 2.6 alpha, but it should be
marked
  as a release blocker for the first beta.
  """

I don't know if this "Barry" guy has the appropriate permissions on the
bugtracker to increase priorities, so I've taken the liberty of
upgrading it as a release blocker for the _second_ beta ... ;-).  So, at
least there's been one productive consequence of this discussion.