[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r64424 - in python/trunk:Include/object.h Lib/test/test_sys.py Misc/NEWSObjects/intobject.c Objects/longobject.c Objects/typeobject.cPython/bltinmodule.c

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 17:27:01 CEST 2008

On 26/06/2008, Eric Smith <eric+python-dev at trueblade.com> wrote:
> I actually think it's a useful feature, just not in bin().  I'm sure it will
> land somewhere, and I'm also sure I'll use it, at least from the interactive
> prompt.

Can you give an example of its use? Maybe there are such examples in
the tracker discussion, but I'm not following the tracker, and I think
it would add some weight to the discussion here if use cases were
noted.

At the moment, the impression I get is that most of the python-dev
comments are negative, but (without looking to confirm) most of the
tracker comments are positive. If so, getting everything in one place
will make it easier to see a balanced discussion.

Having said all this, I agree with the point that this should be
deferred to 2.7/3.1 now we're in beta. So there's hardly a rush.

Paul.