[Python-Dev] Undocumenting test.support in 3.x (was Py3k DeprecationWarning in stdlib)

Benjamin Peterson musiccomposition at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 14:45:44 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 3:58 AM, Simon Cross
<hodgestar+pythondev at gmail.com> wrote:

> [1] Although personally I would bet against it until proven --
> especially given a sensible definition of "core developer" to mean, in
> this case, anyone with the right to commit tests to the repository.
> [2] Since many of these future developers probably don't even use Python yet.
> [3] And we do want patches to issues to include tests, right?

See my above message. I don't think we need to worry about the docs
part of "undocumented." All I mean by undocumented is that the API is
not guaranteed throughout versions, and test.support really should
only be used for core tests.

--
Cheers,
Benjamin Peterson