[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r64424 - in python/trunk:Include/object.h Lib/test/test_sys.py Misc/NEWSObjects/intobject.c Objects/longobject.c Objects/typeobject.cPython/bltinmodule.c

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 14:16:33 CEST 2008

On 26/06/2008, Raymond Hettinger <python at rcn.com> wrote:
> From: "Guido van Rossum" <guido at python.org>
> > I don't care about the details of the patch until we have agreement
> > about which form the feature should take. We don't have that agreement
> > yet.
> >

> Updated to the patch to address everyone's review comments:
>      http://bugs.python.org/file10742/float8.diff

Just as a contrary point, I'm not particularly keen on the output
format (which takes the form '0b1 * 2.0 ** 0' as far as I can see),
and I'm definitely not keen on the fact that it's overloaded on the
hex/bin/oct builtins.

Can't it be a separate function? If it is, I don't much care about the
output format (as I have no particular need for the feature) but would
it not be better if it were machine-parseable, rather than executable?

Paul