[Python-Dev] Disable tests in unittest (issue3202)

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 02:52:11 CEST 2008

2008/6/25 Justin Mazzola Paluska <jmp at mit.edu>:

> The idea behind the patch is that it's sometimes useful to disable
> tests without removing them from the TestCase.  For example, a
> co-worker and I have a module with a few tests that will fail for the
> forseeable future because we haven't had a chance to implement the
> features the tests are testing.  The tracebacks for these "not
> implemented yet" tests obscure real failures in other tests.

What about TestSkipped? I thought that raising
test_support.TestSkipped should behave like this: you're saying that
you're actually NOT executing the tests, but you say that they are
there.

But a few days ago I needed to comment out a test that previously was
raising this, because it made a buildbot to go red.

How this should behave?

Thanks!

--
. Facundo