[Python-Dev] Py3k DeprecationWarning in stdlib

Virgil Dupras hsoft at hardcoded.net
Tue Jun 24 12:18:37 CEST 2008

Hi Devs,

Today, I saw the Py3k beta 1 announcement, so I thought "Well, I gotta
do my duty and try to migrate my own code base to see if I can uncover
any problems". I'm just at the step where I run my test suite with the
"-3" flag, and I noticed something peculiar: I get DeprecationWarning
from stdlib code (namely, difflib, logging and unittest). Is it
something to be expected or should I create tickets for those? I'm
sure that the stdlib on the 3k side is fixed, but shouldn't the 2.6
side be fixed as well?

Sorry if this question is already answered somewhere else, I searched
for an answer but I couldn't find it.

Additionally, one thing that strikes me as strange is how hard it is
to find a "Migration guide" on the website. I had to dig in the PEP
3000 to find the brief bullet list telling me to run py26 with the -3
flag.

Virgil Dupras