[Python-Dev] C API for gc.enable() and gc.disable()

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat Jun 21 03:39:46 CEST 2008

Le vendredi 20 juin 2008 à 17:44 +0200, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc a écrit :
> In short: the gc is tuned for typical usage. If your usage of python
> is specific,
> use gc.set_threshold and increase its values.

It's fine for people "in the know" who take the time to test their code
using various gc parameters. But most people don't (I know I never did,
and until recently I didn't even know the gc could have such a
disastrous effect on performance).

I don't think expecting people to tweak gc parameters when they witness
performance problems is reasonable.