[Python-Dev] Status of Issue 2331 - Backport parameter annotations

David Pokorny dbpokorny at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 00:59:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am curious if there is any news on this issue. My understanding is
that since this is a new feature, nothing will be committed until
after 2.6 comes out, but it would be *really nice* if I could use
annotations in 2.x.

[warning - mini rant]
Reason is, I am using 3.0a for now for this project, but I am sorry to
say that using parentheses for raising exceptions drives me up the
wall, and I don't like using them for the former print statement
either. I suspect this is partly due to the fact that I'm using 2.5
for work, so I don't have the option to mentally "switch over" to the
Python 3 way.
/rant

Does anyone have an annotations patch floating around against the
trunk / 2.6b, or failing that, does anyone have opinions on what my
chances are / things to look out for if I fiddle around with the
annotations patch from the py3k branch? (My understanding is that this
is revision 53170).

Cheers,
David