[Python-Dev] test_multiprocessing:test_listener_client flakiness

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Jun 18 19:51:56 CEST 2008

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc <amauryfa <at> gmail.com> writes:

> OK, I am not a tcp expert.
> How about the following patch?
> It seems to me that it is wrong for the server to lie about the
> address it listens to.

Maybe I'm missing something but... if the client part defaults to connecting
to "localhost" in TCP mode, why doesn't the server part also default to
listening on "localhost" in TCP mode? Having different address detection
algorithms on both ends sounds like a recipe for bugs like this.

In any case, perhaps one should ask guidance to the original author before
making important changes like this one.