[Python-Dev] Proposal: add odict to collections

Marek Kubica marek at xivilization.net
Sun Jun 15 01:53:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

Armin Ronacher <armin.ronacher <at> active-4.com> writes:

> To fight that problem I want to proposed a new class in "collections"
> called odict which is a dict that keeps the items sorted, similar to
> a PHP array.

I'm also +1 on this. I've used the implementation you mentioned in a compiler
project of mine and found it to be quite useful. It is hard for me to mention
any other uses but there definitely are many occasions where people need them
and either go for (key, value)-tuples or use some lib which does only provide
this single data type. I am pretty optimistic that the addition will find its
usecases, once it is in the stdlib.

regards,
Marek