[Python-Dev] Have been sick, am behind on mail, let me know if there's anything urgent for me

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed Jun 11 07:15:30 CEST 2008

Hi Guido,

glad to hear you're recovering.

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> anything someone really needs me to look at ASAP (e.g. a BDFL decision
> affecting the impending beta release) please send me an email

This seems to require a BDFL decision:

http://bugs.python.org/issue2997

Executive Summary: PyNumberMethods has been changed on py3k back in 2006 with
the nb_divide removal, so it's now incompatible with Py2. But there are three
more unused struct members *behind* that field that can be removed for beta1,
but have not been removed yet. Should they be removed for cleanliness (patch
in the issue) or should nb_divide and nb_inplace_divide instead be restored
(rev 43285) to restore backwards compatibility?

Thanks,
Stefan